media courthouse >> A 46-year-old murder victim was likely pinned in place on the kitchen floor of her Darby home while her murderer repeatedly stabbed her in the chest, according to Delaware County Assistant Medical Examiner Dr. Bennett Preston.

Preston, testifying on the second day of trial for 34-year-old Hussain Kiadee, said the wounds Fabine Sunny Siryon suffered on Oct. 21, 2016, indicated her assailant held her down by the neck while delivering the fatal blows.

Siryon had two superficial stab wounds to her heart but several other, deeper wounds to surrounding organs and tissues that caused massive blood loss, Preston said. Siryon also had one defensive wound on her left arm, he said. Preston noted the tight grouping of the wounds indicated she was being held in place.

“She wasn’t moving and he wasn’t moving either, except for his arm,” Preston said.

Darby Detective Jules Quartapella said the victim was found face up on her kitchen floor with a large pool of blood around her head and chest area. A pair of flip-flops was on the floor of the kitchen and it appeared the victim had been preparing food, Quartapella said.

He added that a knife block was also found to be missing a knife, which was not located in or around the house, but a kitchen knife with a broken tip was recovered from Kiadee’s Philadelphia home in the 5900 block of Trinity Street.

Preston said he did not know if more than one knife was used, but had measured the blunt edge of one penetrating wound at 1/16 of an inch. The knife recovered from the Trinity Street address also had a blunt edge of approximately 1/16 of an inch, he said.

“It was obvious that the victim was attacked in the kitchen, knocked out of her flip-flops onto the floor, was stabbed repeatedly in the upper chest area, left-hand side, concentrating around her heart area, if you will,” said Darby Detective Cpl. Bryan Pitts. “The house did not show any signs of robbery or burglary. There was no forced entry, there was nothing thrown about in the home, TVs were intact, her purse … was sitting right on the table in the kitchen undisturbed.”

Jurors also heard from friends and family this week who indicated Siryon had previously dated Kiadee, but she broke off the relationship after less than a year. Kiadee allegedly harassed and stalked the victim afterward, according to testimony, calling her numerous times, waiting for her outside of work and coming to her home on the 600 block of Darby Terrace uninvited.

Darby Borough Police Officer Steven Dougherty also read part of a complaint Siryon filed against Kiadee in May 2016 after he allegedly threatened her life.

“I told him to leave me alone,” Dougherty read. “After I said that, he got mad and began to threaten me, that he will either kill me or if he does not keep his word, then he will have sex with his mother. He continued to call me … saying threatening stuff to me.”

Edna Monger, a longtime friend and roommate of the victim, told Assistant District Attorney Ryan Grace that the phrase about having sex with the mother is a common saying among the Liberian community and is essentially a promise to do the first thing, since having sex with one’s own mother would be out of the question.

Dougherty said Siryon also indicated in the complaint that Kiadee had threatened to make her eat her own feces. He said she did not wish to press charges, but the complaint generated an incident report for the department’s files.

Pitts said he hit on that report during his investigation, which gave him Kiadee’s name and address, as well as a car registered in his name – a 2002 Nissan Maxima with a black hood and dark grey or black bumper.

Officers recovered that vehicle from Kiadee’s address. Quartapella said the interior and a pair of sneakers inside the vehicle were swabbed for blood, but came up negative.

Pitts said a canvass of the neighborhood also resulted in security video footage taken by a neighbor across the street from the victim’s home and from a nearby SEPTA camera at 6th and Main streets.

Those videos were played for the jury. Pitts also described images taken from the video, which he said showed Siryon arriving at home at 9:08 a.m. with groceries. What appeared to be the defendant’s car drove by at 9:31 a.m. and a man was knocking on the door to the victim’s home at 9:33 a.m., according to Pitts.

At 9:42 a.m., the man came stumbling back out the door and a vehicle matching the defendant’s Nissan was seen driving back past the neighbor’s camera, Pitts said. At 9:44 a.m., the vehicle was seen in the SEPTA video approaching 6th Street and Darby Terrace, then turning onto Sixth Street and heading toward Greenway Avenue.

The video showed no other activity at the address until the body was discovered, Pitts said. He was also able to place the last call Siryon made on her cell phone at 9:21 a.m.

The trial is expected to conclude today before Delaware County Common Pleas Court Judge John Capuzzi.

comments powered by Disqus